Wednesday, June 4, 2014

THE KIDS ARE BACK!!

The past week that I was here was definitely a lot different without the kids being here. They bring so much life to the campus and I’ve missed them so much! They got back on Sunday and started school on Monday…it’s been a crazy week so far and it’s only Wednesday.

 UKG in America is Kindergarten, and the UKG kids have never used a computer before. So for computer lab we use the paint program on the computer to teach them how to control the mouse and use the keyboard. Today this little girl named Yaminishri was having a difficult time controlling the mouse and kept clicking on everything except the paint program. Slowly she started to get it more and more, and eventually she drew a straight line!! I was so proud of her. She turned around with the biggest smile on her face and grabbed my cheek, like a grandma would grab their grandchild’s cheek to say how cute they are. It kinda hurt, but I knew she was doing it out of love and affection…I think haha.

I found out yesterday that Sanjay, one of the boys that Carl sponsors, got promoted to 6th standard!! I was so excited for him! He has been top or at least close to top of his class since he was in UKG! Since he’s in 6th now, he gets to stay up later with the older boys for story time with the volunteers. He made sure to ask me to come to his room for story time last night, but he was so exhausted that he had already fell asleep by the time I got there.


We (Ashley and I and whoever wants to join) have nightly dancing/singing sessions in our shower stalls. The other night a song we weren’t familiar with turned on and right after the lyrics “turn off the lights” came on, the lights literally turned off and we had to finish our showers in the pitch black. This Is India!


There are no words to describe how happy I am here. I love India. I love serving others. I love it, I love it, I love it! I know these 3 ½ months are going to be trying at times, but knowing I am supposed to be here and having that confirmed to me by my Heavenly Father on several occasions, makes those difficult times worth it.


I love and miss everyone J

1 comment:

  1. This is such a happy post! I sooo wish I could be coming next week with mom! I just love you to death. You are doing such great things :)
    -Ali

    ReplyDelete