Saturday, July 19, 2014

Delhi Trip!



JAIPUR: Pink City



First things first, as soon as I got out of the airport and we were riding in the bus on the road, I SAW A CAMEL JUST GOING WITH THE FLOW OF TRAFFIC ON THE ROAD!! It’s not the best picture, but considering the camel was going 2 mph and we were going way beyond that, I would say it’s a good take. Not only did I see a camel, but I also saw an elephant. Two things were crossed off my bucket list and we weren’t even 5 minutes into our tour.

Later that night, we went to an observatory. It was so cool! University students use it for their astronomy and science classes. I wish we had something like this in Idaho

 Mom with HALF of the huge sun dial. (This sun dial could be used to know the time up to 2 seconds)
he whole observatory from a distance. This observatory was way into using your horoscope for different things of science, it was really interesting.

  After that, we went to the Pink Palace, where an Indian wedding was being set up. There were guards at the gate, so naturally we all wanted pictures with them. Little did we know that they wanted money from us…
The guards


The gorgeous palace!


 I LOVE all the flowers at Indian weddings. It’s gorgeous!


The Om symbol was made out of roses!

I have NO idea what this was about.  

Maurine and I in front of the Pink Palace


The next day, we rode elephants up to the Amber Palace, as well as camels down a boardwalk!


Where the elephants rode us up to. It was about a 25 minute ride.

There are about 115 elephants total!

Our elephant driver had us wear his turban and I wouldn’t have been surprised if either of us got lice from it…

Our view from the elephant. GORGEOUS.
Inside the Amber Palace with our awesome group!

Me riding a CAMEL!!

Camel smile next to a camel!

Mom touching a camel

Camel camel camel CAMEL! If you didn’t notice, I love camels!


Last, but definitely not least, we went to the beautiful Taj Mahal!


Probably my favorite picture of my mom in front of the Taj hahaha.



I loved going to Delhi and Agra again and experiencing Jaipur for the first time! It was awesome to be able to spend some good quality time with my mom for the last few days she was in India. Saying bye to her was hard, but I’m so grateful that she was able to come and experience India. If you want to read about her experience from India go to: http://www.rsoutreach.blogspot.in/2014/07/a-volunteer-experience-mindy-hashey.html 


2 comments:

  1. Love the camel car! That's awesome. ��
    I can't see the last set of pictures on this post. ��
    Take care. Stay safe. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun! I just uploaded them again, so hopefully you can see them!

    ReplyDelete